OUR LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS
Leadership programs allow teens to gain valuable leadership and service experience.
Teens conduct activities in four key areas:
- academic success
- career pathways
- community service
DEFINING LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
Leadership is more than directing a committee, planning an event or speaking to a group. Leaders are people who think for themselves, express their thoughts and feelings honestly and directly, act on their own beliefs and inspire others to do so. An act of leadership could be taking charge of a situation or a group, but it could also simply be helping someone else without being asked.
WHY JOIN A LEADERSHIP PROGRAM?
By joining Keystone or Torch Club, you will:
- Gain vaulable knowledge and skills in communication, teamwork, problem-solving, critical thinking, and project management.
- Explore your personal values, strengths, and goals, and discover your unique backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Meet and network with other youth leaders from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives.
- Participate in meaningful service-learning opportunities that address local and global challenges.
- Receive guidance and support from experienced mentors and facilitators who are passionate about youth success.
- Be recognized for your contribution to positive change in the lives of your peers and your community.